Friday, January 30, 2015

Germany x Reader (The Hangover)

Konichiwa!  Sorry it's been so long since I last posted.  I had a ton of homework things to do this week and I've been suffering from a case of writer's block lately (thus all the Germany x Reader stuff since it's easy).  Anyway, more Germany x Reader.  This is a follow up from the Sparkle Party, by the way.  I apologize, but I've started learning German recently and I've found that I'm using a lot more German in these stories because of it...  Sumimasen!  One of the words I use a few times in this installment is Bitte which (in the cases I use it for) can mean either "Please" or "You're Welcome."  I think you can use context clues to figure it out, but if you can't then I apologize from the bottom of my heart.  *bows deeply*
Anyway, I'm exhausted, I just finished writing the story, and I'm going to post it and go to bed now.  So, here it is.  It's kind of short, but it's got a little more fluff in it than it has before.  I'm just trying to torture you guys (and myself) for as long as possible so I can build up the sexual tension!  Haha!  Also, I've never been drunk before, so I've never been hung over before and all I really had to go off of was how people I know have acted when they've come to school (or that one time to a Scholar's Bowl tournament...) hung over.  Sorry if it's not accurate!  Alright, well I'm going to bed.  Catch you reader-sans later~!


- Turtle-chan




You wake up with sunlight streaming into the room.  There is something warm draped over you and something hard under your head.  You open your eyes and rub the sleep out of them, looking around groggily.  How’d I get back to Germany’s house?  And why am I on the couch?  You sit up and sling your legs over the edge of the sofa, cringing away from the cold floor briefly before getting up and letting whatever it was that covered you slide to the ground.  You’re still wearing the same clothes you had on at the party.  The house is dead quiet and it makes you a little nervous.  Where is everyone?


You run up the stairs and quietly peek into everyone’s rooms.  Italy and Japan are fast asleep, but Germany isn’t there.  Your heart beats wildly and you run back down the stairs and into the hallway.  Without stopping, you run to Germany’s office and open the door just a crack.  At first, you don’t see anything in the dark, but then you notice something in the back of the room.  Germany is lying down on a couch with a hand covering his eyes.  His chest rises and falls evenly and you let out a sigh of relief.


Oh, mein Kopf,” he groans, rolling onto his side and uncovering his eyes but leaving them closed.  His brows are drawn close together in a grimace and he flaps his hand in the general direction of the door.  “Go avay, Italy.  I haf zee vorst headache unt you are too loud.”


“Sorry.  I just got worried when I didn’t hear anyone up,” you say quietly, starting to back out of the room.


Germany’s eyes open and he looks at you, seeming to take a moment to focus his vision.  “(y/n)?  Is zat you?” he asks you, peering at you through the darkness.


“Yeah,” you respond, still using a quiet voice.


“I am sorry.  I dit not mean to snap at you.  I zought you vere Italy,” he tells you, shaking his head and rolling back over.


“It’s fine.  Do you want me to bring you anything?  Italy and Japan are asleep still,” you say, lingering in the doorway.


Wasser.  Bitte,” he responds.


You nod and close the door quietly behind you.  As you walk to the kitchen, you allow yourself to relax and give a small smile.  Germany is obviously hung over.  Apparently he slips up and speaks more German when he’s hung over.  I’m glad he’s taught me some simple words!  You climb up in a chair as usual and pull down a glass.  You debate whether or not to put ice in it, and end up deciding not to.  If he has a headache, then you don’t want to make it worse by giving him a brain freeze!  And the water is important for diluting the alcohol in his blood stream.  You fill the glass with water and take it back to Germany’s office, not knocking on the door before you come in.


To prevent the light from worsening his headache, you shut the door behind you before advancing into the room.  You have to carefully feel your way around with your feet so that you don’t bump into things, but luckily Germany is a neat freak, so you don’t have much to dodge.


“Can you hold your hand out, Germany?  I don’t want to trip while I’m trying to find you,” you say in an almost whisper.


Ja,” he responds and you hear a rustling slightly to your left and forward.  You follow the sound, holding your free hand out until you brush into something warm and rough.  It closes around your hand and you realize that it’s Germany’s hand.


“Is zat you?” he asks you, squeezing your hand a little.


“Y-yes,” you respond.  You’re exceedingly grateful that it’s so dark you can’t even see your hand in front of your face.  You’re blushing furiously and it’s nice that you don’t have to work to hide it from Germany.  “Here, I brought your water.”


You hear rustling again and the glass leaves your hand, large fingers brushing against yours in the process.  Germany hasn’t let go of your other hand.  You hear him take a sip of the water.  What do I do?  It’s not that I don’t enjoy this, but…  Ah, I’m so embarrassed!


Danke, (y/n),” Germany says.


Bitte,” you respond, hoping that your pronunciation isn’t as bad as you think it is.


You hear a rustling sound accompanied by a brief, deep chuckle.  “Here, Mädchen,” Germany says.  “Kome unt sit.”


 You hear a light thumping sound which you assume is Germany tapping the couch, so you reach your free hand out until you touch the sofa and you gingerly lower yourself down onto it.  “Are you feeling any better?  You seem to be in better spirits,” you say, wondering what’s gotten into him all of a sudden.


“Hm, I do feel a little better,” he responds thoughtfully.


“Oh, that’s good,” you say, not knowing how else to reply.


Ja,” Germany answers.  There is a heavy silence between the two of you for several minutes until Germany speaks up again.  “Um, about my Bruder’s party,” he says hesitantly.


“Oh, don’t worry about it.  It’s fine,” you reply a little nervously.  Too many things happened that have set your head spinning and you don’t really want to think about it.


Nein.  I know zat ve all aktet crazy unt I vant to apologize for lettink you see me like zat,” he tells you, squeezing your hand a little tighter.


You’re speechless for a few moments, your mouth hanging open but no words coming out.  “N-no, I understand.  You guys seemed to be having fun, so it’s fine.  Besides, I’m sure it helps if you can let loose every once in a while.  You’re always working, so…,” you reply once you find your voice again, but you realize that you’re starting to ramble, so you stop talking abruptly.


Germany makes a noise that sounds like a sigh.  “You are too kint,” he says.  “Efer since zee first day you haf been nosink but kint to all of us.  You efen know how to make Italy behafe.   I just do not understand how to be as gentle as you.”  You don’t like his tone.  It’s a tired, world-weary tone that you recognize all too well.  It may not mean anything yet, but it could be a warning of bad things to come.  Bad things that you don’t want to think about.


“Thank you for the compliment, Germany, but really I’m not doing anything special.  I just like to see people happy.  I spent a large portion of my life feeling very unhappy and because of that I did some things I regret, but it all shaped who I am today.  If you weren’t a workaholic, exercise-obsessed, potato-loving, gruff drill seargeant then you wouldn’t be you.  You wouldn’t be Germany.  I think that Japan and Italy understand that too and they love you for it, in their own ways, just like I can tell that you love them in yours.  So chin up!  You’re great just the way you are!” you tell him cheerfully.  Your cheeks and ears are burning and you’re excessively aware of your hand in Germany’s, but you force yourself to hold still.


Danke,” Germany says so quietly that you almost miss it.  He gives your hand a final squeeze before letting go.  You hear noises coming from the kitchen, so you stand up and start making your way to the door.


You open it just a crack and slip out, keeping only your head inside the room.  Bitte,” you respond with a gentle smile.  You don’t know if Germany saw it or not because he’s looking down at his feet when you close the door, but you somehow feel satisfied and happy.


“Good morning, (y/n)~!” Italy exclaims, running over and attacking you with a hug as you enter the kitchen.


“Good morning, Italy,” you giggle.  You nod to Japan and flash him a conservative smile.  “So, how are you guys feeling?  You should make sure to drink lots of water today.”


“I’m fine~!” Italy tells you, and he seems to be.  For such a little dude, he certainly managed to hold his alcohol well.


“I am well also,” Japan responds quietly.


“That’s good,” you say, smiling at them both.  “Germany, on the other hand, was completely wasted so he has a pretty bad hangover now.  I’d recommend not bothering him today, Italy.”


“Ohhhh, so that’s why your face is all pink,” Italy says and you feel your eyes widen and your cheeks darken.  “I thought you had gone to take care of Germany~!”


“I-I don’t know what you’re insinuating, Italy,” you respond as calmly as you can, climbing up onto a chair and pulling down three glasses.


Japan notices your reaction and chuckles to himself.  Indeed.  Things are starting to become interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment