Thursday, March 5, 2015

Germany x Reader: Don't Look

Konichiwa!  I've a slight reprieve today.  The roads iced over, so we're out of school again.  Science fair is Saturday and I think I've stressed so much that I've gotten sick, but oh well.  I'll live.  Probably.  Anyway, while I'm home, I figured I'd post the infamous Germany x Reader installment that I've been mentioning for ages.  I couldn't think of what to call it, but I'm sure you guys will get the gist of it.  I'm pretty proud of this one in some ways, but in others I'm not.  I like the concept, I guess, is my point.  Either way, I apologize that it's taking so long to get to any action, but relationships progress really slowly and a first kiss is a big deal for a shy character like Germany.  Hopefully you guys will enjoy this, though.  We're getting closer and closer with each installment! XD
Alright, I'm going to stop talking and just post this.  Catch you reader-sans later!


- Turtle-chan




The boys had gone out earlier in the day.  A note was left on the doorstep last night, calling an emergency world meeting.  Apparently something had come up that required immediate attention.  You hope it’s nothing serious, but you’re not so sure.  There has been this weird sick sensation in your stomach since the boys left and you can’t shake the feeling of unease.  You glance out of the window as you do the dishes and notice something moving up the walkway.  You look closer and see that it’s Japan, Italy, and Germany, but something’s not right.  Japan and Italy are supporting Germany and he’s not moving.


“Germany!” you gasp as Italy and Japan drag an unconscious and bloody Germany into the house.  You drop the dishtowel and run over to them.  “What happened?”


The two men exchange a look and you notice that they too are bloodied and bruised, but Germany definitely got the worst of it.  “It was an ambush, (y/n),” Italy sighs.  “We didn’t expect it.”


You shake your head.  “Let’s just take care of Germany and then we can talk.  Here, I’ll help,” you tell him, going to take Italy’s place supporting one of Germany’s arms.  Italy goes and takes his legs, struggling to lift them more than a few inches off of the ground.


It’s slow progress, but the three of you do manage to get Germany up the stairs.  In the process, his head has come to rest against your neck and you can feel him breathing.  It’s faint and a little irregular, but you try not to think too much about what that could mean.  You manage to carry him into his bedroom.


“Alright, on the count of three, we lift,” you say, looking at Japan and then Italy.  They both nod and you start counting.  “One…  Two…  Three!”


On three, you all put whatever muscle you have into hoisting Germany’s heavy, limp body onto the bed.  You make sure to gently ease Germany’s head down onto the pillow.


“Okay, we need to get you guys cleaned up,” you say, trying not to look down at Germany.


“It is alright, (y/n)-san.  Italy-kun and I can take care of ourselves.  Please look after Germany-san,” Japan tells you quietly.  Italy smiles and nods in agreement, but you can tell he’s worried, which scares you.


“Alright.  I guess I’ll use the first aid kit in the bathroom, then,” you tell them, attempting and failing to smile.


The two men leave the room to clean their wounds and you take a last glance down at Germany before getting the first aid kit.  It looks bad.  Really, really bad, actually.  There’s so much blood that it’s hard to tell what the actual damage is, though.


You return to Germany’s room with the first aid kit, a rag, and a bowl of warm water.  You set the items out on the floor and kneel down beside the bed to work.  You start out by gently wiping off the worst of the blood on Germany’s face with the rag and warm water.  It looks like he only has a few scratches and several bruises, but nothing too major.  With mild embarrassment, you move on to remove his blood-soaked uniform.  When you’re done, he’s left wearing only his red underwear.  Blushing furiously, you dab away at the blood covering his abdomen, finding only one gouge of any major importance and several small scratches.  The same goes for his legs, so you get the worst of the blood off and then move back to the cut on his abdomen.  It’s on his side and it’s not deep enough to warrant stitches, but it is pretty long, so you aren’t sure how you’re going to bandage it, especially since he’s laying down and you aren’t strong enough to lift him on your own.  In the meantime, you press gauze to it to soak up the blood.


“Vhere am I?  Vat is goink on?” you hear Germany groan.


You look up and see him rubbing his eyes with a large hand and you almost cry out of relief.  “Shh.  It’s alright.  You got hurt earlier, but you’re home now,” you tell him quietly and gently, still holding the gauze to his cut.


He looks around for a moment before his blue eyes find you and when they do, you smile at him.  “(y/n)…” he says quietly.  Something about the way he says your name makes you shiver.


“It’s alright,” you repeat.  He tries to push himself into a sitting position, but only makes it up onto an elbow.  “Don’t try to move.  Here, I’ll bandage you up since you’re there, but after that you need to lie down and rest.”


You grab a roll of bandages and then sit down on the bed behind Germany.  You hold one end of the roll over the gauze and then start to wrap it around his torso.  As you do so, you try not to notice how his muscles seem to roll when he moves or how warm he is.  You try not to notice how close you are.  You hurry and tie the bandage off but as you try to move away, Germany catches your wrist gently.


“Zank you, (y/n),” he tells you.  “Did zee osers make it back safely?”


You nod and then, realizing that he can’t see it, say,” Yes.  They had a few cuts and scrapes, but they were basically alright.”


“Goot.  I vish I hat been able to do more,” he responds.


“No!” you blurt out before you have time to think.


“Hm?”


“You don’t need to do more.  They’re fine.  You guys will all be fine,” you say, feeling tears starting to drip down your cheeks.  Your voice is shaky and weak.  Germany turns his head to look back at you, but you stop him with a light touch on his cheek.  “Don’t look.”


He turns away again, but he slides his hand down and intertwines his fingers with yours, rubbing his thumb lightly across your knuckles.  You lean forward and rest your forehead against the place where his neck and shoulder meet and wrap your free arm around him, holding him close to you and placing your hand, curled into a loose fist, on the firm expanse of muscle where you feel his heart beating strongly.


“You scared me,” you murmur against his neck.  “When I saw them carry you in, I think my heart stopped beating for a second.”


He squeezes your hand lightly.  “I am sorry.  I did not mean to kaus you pain,” he tells you in a quiet voice.


You shake your head.  “I know.  Just, please try to take care of yourself.  I know you always try to take care of everyone else first, but please don’t get yourself killed over it.  I…  I don’t know if I’d be able to handle that,” you tell him, pressing closer to him and breathing in his scent.  You don’t know what you’d do if he was gone forever.  The thought scares you.


“Shh.  I am alright.  Zank you for vorryink about me, (y/n),” he says.  He takes your hand and presses it to his lips softly before bringing it back down and rubbing it again.


You sit there like that until your body stops shaking and you are able to breathe normally again.  Your tears have made Germany’s skin wet, but he doesn’t seem to mind.  He leans back against you, not hard enough to push you over but enough to be reassuring.  “Are you alright now, Mädchen?” he asks you gently.


You nod against him and then sit up.  “Yeah.  Sorry about that.  I’m not really sure what came over me,” you tell him with embarrassment.  You let go of him and start to pull away, but he still has your hand.


He looks up at you, his beautiful blue eyes locking onto yours.  “Zank you, (y/n).  I am glat zat you trust me enough to tell me zat.  I am fery sorry zat I haf mate you vorry, zough you shoult follov your own atvice sometimes as vell.  Do not try to keep eferysink bottlet up, as you say,” he tells you and you can see his concern.


You can’t help but giggle.  “Hee hee!  I guess that’s a problem we both need to work on,” you respond, smiling at him.


A slight smile seems to tug at the corners of his lips briefly and a light dusting of pink covers his cheeks.  “It is not a bat problem to haf.  I just do not vant you to cry,” he tells you, averting his gaze in embarrassment as he releases your hand.


You smile to yourself as you go to get a blanket out of the chest at the foot of the bed and drape it over Germany.  “Get some rest,” you tell him as you lightly smooth back a stray hair from his face.  You notice that he closes his eyes and leans into your touch for a moment.  You gather up all of the first aid items and Germany’s clothes and head toward the door, but you pause in the doorway.  “I’m going to go check on Japan and Italy, but I’ll come back later and bring you some dinner.”  You smile at him one more time and close the door quietly, humming to yourself.  Your heart is pounding and you feel like you’re overflowing with emotion.


“I sit here and smile, dear.  I smile because I think of you and I blush.  These bleeding, hollow dials, this fuss.  This fuss is made of miles of travels when roadways are but stones and gravel.  A bleeding heart can conquer every grudge,” you croon, smiling as you sing.  It’s finally occurred to you that you are deeply, hopelessly, foolishly in love with Germany.  You’ve been that way for a while, but your reaction when you saw that he was injured has forced you to admit it to yourself.  You had always thought that being in love would be awful and painful, but somehow you like it.  You feel lighter than air and you can’t stop smiling foolishly.  You feel that your cheeks are hot, but you don’t care.  All that matters is Germany and your feelings for him.


In the meantime, Japan had come up to check on you earlier, but he saw you crying on Germany’s shoulder and decided to leave you alone.  He has been sitting in his room, waiting for you to come out when he hears you singing.  It doesn’t take a genius to figure out who might be on your mind and Japan has been paying close attention to your interactions with Germany from very early on.  He smirks to himself a little bit and decides not to bother you.  Yet…

No comments:

Post a Comment