Friday, April 10, 2015

Don't Worry, I'm Not Dead or Anything!

Konbanwa!  So I just figured I'd pop in and let you reader-sans know I'm not dead or anything since I haven't been posting lately :P  I've had an insanely busy week and a half or so and it's been hard to find time to do anything like posting on the blog or writing stories.  I may be going into withdrawals, actually...  So many stories...  So little time...  Gah!  But still, I'm alive and stuff.  I'll let you know a little bit of what I've been up to, I guess.
Today was Spanish Convention for Spanish club, so last week was spent largely on sewing up a costume for the costume competition.  This week was spent cram learning how to dance a mambo cubano (Cuban mambo) for the dance competition.  My costume design won us fourth place out of about ten in the group costume division.  Our mambo also won fourth place out of eleven.  We practiced the dance for three days, by the way.  Three.  I'm very pleased with how things went, even though I'm absolutely exhausted and was put in charge of thirty-four of my peers because my teachers were busy running an event and because I was the most responsible and organized club officer there...  It was like herding cats...  Or toddlers...  Toddler cats...  *shudders*
So yeah, that's what I've been working up to.  I also went to see a live show of Welcome to Night Vale in a city sort of nearby.  It was awesome!  But I'll save the fangirling for later because I cosplayed as fem!Cecil (a.k.a. Cecilia Palmer) for the event and I figured I'd show it to you all.  It was technically my first time cosplaying in public, since I'd say Halloween doesn't really count, unless you would call my calavera makeup for the Day of the Dead as a cosplay.
Okay, I'm going to go to bed now.  I'm tired and my hips are sore from mamboing.  I'm not used to dancing with my hips swinging...  Ballerinas don't do that at all on a regular basis. (O.o)  Yeah.  Exhaustion.  Delirium.  Sleep...  Catch you reader-sans later!


- Turtle-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment