Thursday, October 16, 2014

Halloween-ish Anime

Okay, so I just finished watching Soul Eater and my life is basically over now, so I figured I'd compile a list of dark/spooky/creepy/Halloween-ish anime and manga while I nurse my emotional and psychological wounds.  Don't judge, I don't get attached to real people, but by golly I'll find at least one person to obsess over in every anime I watch and every manga I read.  In Soul Eater's case, I had a ton of characters I was attached to (Medusa, Justin, Stein, Kid, Mifune, Crona, Shinigami-sama, Free, etc.) so yeah, I don't know what to do with myself now... (>_<)
Aaaaannnnnnyyyywaaayyyyyy... I'll just make a list for you, in no particular order, of some of my favorite horrifying and/or spooky and/or mildly disturbing anime and manga.  Enjoy!


- Soul Eater (anime and manga)
- Pet Shop of Horrors (anime and manga)  <--- you guys should seriously look into this!!!
- Black Butler (anime and manga)
- xxxHolic (anime and manga)  <---- I believe Medusa and Kid's Japanese voice actors are in this!!
- Deathnote (anime and manga)
- Zombie Loan (anime and manga)  <--- it's mostly funny, but some of it's pretty creepy
- Night of the Beasts (manga)  <--- only six volumes long, but this one's a real gem
- Blood+ (anime and manga... I think)
- Immortal Rain (manga)  <--- Really only some of it is creepy, but those parts are really disturbing
- Fallen Vampire (manga, don't know about anime)
- Rosario Vampire (anime and manga)
- Chibi Vampire (anime and manga)  <--- not really scary, but it's vampires...
- Yuyu Hakusho (anime and manga)  <--- hilarious more than anything, but ghosts


These two I haven't gotten around to watching yet, but I've heard good things about them and, well, I do love vampires, in case you didn't notice already:
- Hellsing (I know there's an anime, not sure about manga)
- Trinity Blood (again, know there's anime, not sure about manga)


That's all I've got for today, so I'll catch you reader-sans later!


- Turtle-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment