Friday, October 31, 2014

This is Halloween!

Happy Halloween, guys and ghouls!!!  Sorry I haven't posted like I said I would, but I'll try to throw everything I'd been wanting to do into one post in the next day or two if possible.  I have spent the past week working on my Halloween costume and you reader-sans will get to see the somewhat real Turtle-chan for the first time because I'm going to tell you how I made it.  I'm really into costuming and cosplay and this is probably some of my best work.
I have a Scholar's Bowl tournament tomorrow, so I'll need to be going to bed soon, but I wanted to post on Halloween to say hello and tell you about what we just did.  My younger brother and I were asked to help out in a little haunted house that a family we're friends with set up earlier tonight.  We went into it thinking that it would probably be boring and I was freezing because it's been in the low 40s all evening and when you see my costume you'll understand why I couldn't get warm (boys, don't get too excited!).  Anyway, we get there and there's four or five rooms and each room has a different theme to it.  They put us in the front room and give my brother a grim reaper mask and tell me I'm fine as is and hand me a baby.  The room is kind of set up like a sitting room or a living room, so I sit in the chair closest to the door and my brother is hidden behind a curtain.  We don't really know what to do at first, so I just start singing children's songs to the creepy eyeless baby I'm holding, which effectively disturbs the adults, and then my brother has been sitting perfectly still and he moves suddenly when people walk through and they jump.  After the first couple of groups, I decide to stick with "Ring Around the Rosie" since it's about the Black Death and I dangle the baby by its foot while slumping over in the chair.  I'd also follow either the most scared or the most cynical looking person in the room with my eyes and be singing at them.  We got some good reactions and we did the same thing for about 45 minutes of the hour we were there, but then I get a new idea.  When the next group comes in, I sit curled up in the chair I'm in looking at the baby doll and laughing hysterically.  Once people get in, the laughing is enough to scare some of them, but then I start talking to them.  I mostly stuck to shouting," Look at my baby!  Isn't she pretty!  She has no eyes!  I took them out and I ATE them!"  At that point, my brother either staggers into the middle of the room or falls onto the floor.  That's when the kids generally started screaming or crying.  After he falls, I start yelling and laughing again, talking about how he came for my baby but I didn't let him have her but I'd let him take them without lifting a finger.  If the kids were older and being really obnoxious, I'd get up and run across the room, shoving the baby in their faces and chattering at them randomly and laughing loudly, but I'd make sure I positioned them to where they'd be stuck between my brother and I before they could get to the door.  One of the times we did that, the girl in the next room jumped out and got punched in the face by a teenage boy who looked like he was either an 8th grader or a freshman.  So, if you ever want to scare anyone and you're good at acting like a basket case, I'd go with hysterics or singing "Ring Around the Rosie" over and over while slumped in a chair.
Anyhow, I'm exhausted and still kind of chilly and I have to have a high level of brain function for the tourney, so I'm going to go to bed now.  I promise I'll eventually get everything caught up and posted and I'll try to let you guys know about the NaNo WriMo project the Creative Writing Club at my school is working on.  I think you guys might like it!
I hope you guys got some candy tonight and enjoyed yourselves as much as I did!  Happy Halloween!


- Turtle-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment