Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Germany x Reader (Girl Talk)

Konichiwa!  I didn't have school today due to bad weather, so I've pretty much just been writing all day.  I think I can finally post the story I've mentioned before (the installment for the Germany x Reader fanfic I've had done for over a month) after this one.  Yay!  By the way, Austria and Hungary are in this one!  I've reached the point to where I really don't know if I ship Austria x Hungary or Prussia x Hungary...  Sigh...  But anyway, here we go!  Enjoy!


- Turtle-chan




The phone is ringing loudly.  It startles you back to reality and you close your book as you go to pick it up.  “Hello?” you ask, speaking into the device.


“Hey!  Is this (y/n)?” a cheerful woman’s voice says from the other side and you smile to yourself.


“Yeah, it’s me.  Hi, Hungary!  What’s up?” you answer.


“I was just wondering if you wanted to come over for a little while and have a little girl time.  I’m sure it gets boring being stuck with all those boys,” she laughs.


“That sounds great!  Let me go and make sure Germany’s okay with it,” you tell her.


“He’s so overprotective,” Hungary giggles teasingly.


“Haha!  Yeah, I know, but I don’t mind it too much,” you say.  “I’ll be back in a sec!”


You gently set the phone down on the table and walk over to Germany’s office.  You knock on the door and Germany calls,” Kome in.”


You open the door and walk inside to see Germany at his desk with a mountain of paperwork as usual.  He looks up and sees you come in, and he takes off his glasses.  Hallo,” he says and he doesn’t smile, but the lines around his eyes soften a little.


“Hey,” you respond, coming to stand next to him.  “Hungary asked me to come over for a little while.  Would you guys miss me too much if I went?”


“Hmm…  Vell, I sink zat you voult be missed, but I do not mint if you go,” he replies and you can tell he’s trying to tease you a little bit, despite his serious demeanor.


You giggle.  “Alright, I guess I’ll let her know I’m coming over, then.”


Germany nods.  “I  vill kome unt valk you home, zough.  It is dangerous in zee efenink,” he says, slipping his glasses back on.  “I vill kome after I finish my vork.”


“Okay,” you respond, slipping your arms loosely around his neck.  “Work hard, but not too hard.”  You give him a quick hug and then leave him to his work, throwing a smile over your shoulder as you close the door.


You go and pick the phone up off of the kitchen table and say, ”Alright, Hungary.  I’ll be over in a few minutes.”


“Great!  See you then!” she responds.


You hang the phone up and run a brush through your hair to remove the tangles as you go to put your shoes on.  “I’m leaving, guys!” you shout as you reach the front door, slipping on your jacket.


“BBBYYYYYYEEEEE~!” you hear Italy respond.


You walk outside and shiver a little in the cold air, but it feels so good to get out of the house that you don’t mind it so much.  The walk to Austria and Hungary’s house isn’t that long, anyway.  All of the Germanics live pretty nearby, although you have to be careful about staying away from Switzerland’s lawn.  The only person allowed to cross it without fear of being shot is Lichtenstein, the little cutie.  You know all of the Germanics in some capacity, but you’re closest to the girls.  Lichtenstein is kind of like a little sister to you and Hungary is a great friend.


Before you know it, you’re standing in front of Austria’s house.  You knock on the door and Hungary answers it, smiling brightly.  “You’re here!” she says as she goes to hug you.


“Yep,” you laugh as you hug her back.  “I told you I was coming.”


“Right!” she says, stepping back.  “Come in, come in!”


You giggle and follow her inside, hanging your coat up in the hallway.  As she leads you into the house, you pass Austria in the living room.  He looks up from his book as you pass through.  “Ah.  Hello, (y/n),” he says.


“Hello, Austria.  How are you today?” you respond with a smile.


“Well enough, I suppose,” he tells you with a sigh as he returns to his book.  “Just don’t be too loud.”


“Of course not,” you assure him as you and Hungary continue to make your way through the house.


Hungary leads you up the stairs to her bedroom.  You go inside and she shuts the door behind you before flopping down onto her bed.  “So,” she says, grinning broadly.


“So?” you respond, also smiling.


“So what’s the latest on you and Germany?  You really can’t expect me not to ask!” she says in an excited voice.


“I could ask you the same about you and Austria,” you counter with a laugh as her cheeks turn red.


“I asked you first!” she tells you childishly.


“You did,” you concede with a giggle.  “I don’t really know what you want to know, though.  I mean, it’s not like we’re any different than usual.”


“Oh, come on.  You guys have been together for like six months and you’re telling me that you’re still in that awkward friends phase?  You’ve at least kissed, right?  He hasn’t even told you he loves you yet?” she presses, trying to get information out of you.


You flush a deep red.  “O-of course not!” you exclaim.


“Seriously?” she responds with awe.  “Not even a peck on the cheek?  Nothing?”


And that’s when you remember something you’d forgotten about.  You can almost feel the heat waves coming off of your face and Hungary looks at you mischievously.  “W-well…” you stammer quietly, not looking up at her.


“What? What happened?” she demands excitedly.


“U-um, do you remember that sparkle party a while back?” you ask her.


Ja,” she says slowly.  “Maybe not all of it, but I remember it happened.”


“O-okay, well, everyone was drunk except for me and I didn’t want to bother anyone, so I went and sat on the couch with Italy who had fallen asleep while you were talking to Japan and Germany was with his brother and I guess I fell asleep too and when I woke up, all three of the guys were sleeping on me and I kind of…  Sort of…  Maybe k-kissed Germany while he was asleep…  But only on the cheek!  I might have just imagined the whole thing, anyway!” you tell her, blushing furiously.


Hungary squeals happily into a pillow for a few moments before recovering herself.  You, on the other hand, are so embarrassed that you don’t know what to do with yourself.  “That is one of the cutest things I’ve ever heard!” Hungary exclaims.  “I’m gonna have to get Japan to draw it!”


“No!” you squeak.  “Don’t tell Japan!  I don’t want Germany to know about it!”


“But why?  You guys are dating after all,” Hungary points out.


“Well yeah, but we weren’t at the time and it’s just kind of creepy…  I don’t know…  It embarrasses me…” you respond.


“Hm…  You shouldn’t be embarrassed by it,” she says thoughtfully.


“Why not?” you ask her.


“Because you’re in LOVE~!” she shouts, giggling at your reaction.


You throw a pillow at her, which she blocks.  “I-I’m not!” you argue.  “Anyway, you haven’t answered my question yet…”


“Fine, I’ll let you get away with changing the subject just this once,” she sighs.  “It’s the same old same old with Austria and me.  I take care of the house and he practices his music.  Sometimes I wonder if he even notices I’m here…”


You feel a little twinge of emotion for your friend and you say,” Oh, Hungary.  Don’t think like that.  Austria just isn’t very open with his emotions, you know.  I don’t think anyone will ever know what he’s thinking.  Heck, Germany said that when he and Italy first became allies Austria expressed how angry he was by playing Chopin for him.  He’s just a little tough to understand, is all.”


Hungary gives a sad smile.  “Yeah, I know.  Thanks for trying to cheer me up.  I knew that it was going to be like this when I first fell in love with him.  I just get a little discouraged sometimes,” she confesses.  “Actually, I’m a little down because even that stupid Prussia is easier to figure out than Austria.  He keeps coming over to bug me.”


You make note of this so that you can observe in the future, but you’d already hypothesized that Prussia might have feelings for Hungary.  “It’ll be alright, Hungary.  Prussia just likes to bother people from time to time.  I think he’s afraid of being forgotten,” you tell her.


Hungary looks at you strangely for a moment and she opens her mouth to speak, but she gets interrupted by a knock at the door.  “Come in,” she calls out.


Austria opens the door and looks in at the two of you, his face unreadable as always.  “Germany is here,” he says, walking out and closing the door again.


You and Hungary exchange a glance and stand up.  You both straighten your clothes out before walking down the stairs.  Germany and Austria are both sitting in the living room, glaring at each other from opposite sofas.  When you walk in, Germany stands up and walks toward you.


Hallo.  Are you ready to go, zen?” he asks you.


“Yeah,” you respond, nodding.  “Thanks for having me over, Hungary.  Austria.”  You hug Hungary before walking into the foyer.


Germany pulls your coat off of the coat hanger and holds it out for you.  You smile up at him as you slip your arms into the sleeves and zip it up.  “I’ll see you later, (y/n),” Hungary tells you cheerfully when you and Germany leave.


“Bye,” you respond, waving and smiling.  Then, you turn to Germany.  “Did you finish your work?”


He looks down at you and nods.  Ja.  Zere vas not as much as I sought zere voult be unt Italy shlept all day, so zere vere no interruptions.  Dit you haf fun vis Hungary?” he replies.


“Yeah.  We got to have some girl talk,” you tell him with a smile.


Ja?  Vell, zat is goot.  I feel bat for her bekause she has to lif vis zat annoying Austria,” Germany says in a tight voice.  You wonder if he’s in a bad mood.


You look up at him with concern, trying to watch his face, but he just looks stern as usual.  “I don’t think she minds it too much.  She really respects Austria,” you tell him.


“I know, I know,” he says.  “It is just zat if somesink bat happens, she vill be zee one hafink to protekt Austria, not zee ozer vay arount.  I do not like zee sought of zat.”


“She’s really strong, though.  She’s even gone up against your brother before.  I’m sure she would be fine,” you assure him.


Nein!  Zat is not zee point.  Zee point is zat it is a man’s job to protekt zee voman.  I do not kare zat she is stronger zan Austria.  He shoult still make zee effort to kare for her,” Germany says, drawing his eyebrows together in frustration.  You understand now.


“Hey, it’s alright,” you say softly as you link arms with him, leaning your head on his shoulder.  “In my opinion, Austria would probably do something to protect her if it came down to it.  I just don’t think she would let him do it for long.  That’s just how they work.”


“Hm, I suppose so,” he says in a soft voice that rumbles in your chest.  You can’t see it, but he’s smiling down at you.


You feel an unexplainable happiness bubbling up inside you.  It’s just so peaceful, so natural, to walk around with Germany like this.  You find yourself thinking about what Hungary said.  You’re not really in love with him, are you?  You take a chance and glance up at him, taking in his strong cheekbones and clear blue eyes.  You notice the way his cheeks are flushed with the cold and his chapped skin from spending so much time outside and on the battlefield.  You notice that you can tell where he’s run his hands through his hair in frustration throughout the day because it left tracks in the pattern of his hair gel.  Looking at him makes you happy and being with him makes you happy.  Is this what it means to love someone?  You aren’t sure, but you do know that you want to smile, so you do just that as you snuggle closer to Germany's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment