Friday, February 6, 2015

Heads Up

Konbanwa!  I've finally had some inspiration and I'm working on three different stories right now that are NOT fanfiction.  Yay!  I haven't reached the point that I'm near enough to finishing any of them to post them, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I am working on stuff again.  I've just had the worst case of writer's block for the past several months, and fanfics are easy to write.  That's why I've been doing so many.  I guess while I'm here I'll let you know a general idea of what the stories are about.
1. "Odette or Odile?" - I reused the title from my Russia fanfic because I loved the concept of a story about ballet and characters that are a little questionable.  Don't worry, I'm not going to do any crazy Black Swan type thing.  Actually, it may involve the Russian mafia.  I'm not quite sure yet.
2. "Don't Fear the Reaper" - A grim reaper and a shinigami are paired up for their missions because of their skills, but they're like day and night.  Absinthe Graves, a (British?  Maybe?) stoic, heterochromic albino and Akiyama Tomoe, a conceited, Japanese ronin, pair up to harvest souls and send spirits on.  Can the two get along?  How will their differences affect their work?  Do opposites really attract?
3. "Fight like a Lady" (tentative title...) - Who says girls can't be samurai?  Himura Umeko (tentative name...) is the only child of a small family of samurai during Sengoku Jidai Japan.  Because there are no male heirs to the family, Umeko has trained to become the family head.  This means that she has learned the way of the samurai, much to the discontent of some neighboring daimyo.  She is a headstrong, confident, and beautiful girl and her men respect her.  On her journey to becoming a great samurai general, she goes head-to-head with some of the most skilled (and handsome) samurai in Japan.  Will she be able to become victorious, or will she be forced to return to the role of a lowly maiden?
So yeah, there are my corny little summaries.  I am really excited about "Don't Fear the Reaper" because I think I have two really cool characters in Absinthe and Tomoe, but they're also completely different from what I've written before!  Also, the samurai one came about due to my youngest brother, who is over a decade younger than I am, and I having a conversation a couple of nights ago.  My brother is really into ninja whereas my other brother and I prefer samurai and consider ninja dishonorable.  The younger brother said that he wants to dress up like a ninja next Halloween and have the older brother be a samurai so that they can fight.  I said I could be a samurai as well (it is my goal in life, after all!) but he told me that girls can't be samurai.  So of course I thought to myself," Hmm...  A female samurai, huh?  I bet she could cause all kinds of trouble..." and so Umeko was born.  I don't know if I'll be keeping that name or that title, but the story idea is what I want.  I just started working on that one like an hour ago, though, so it will probably be a while.  Also, I'm just going to warn you that I'm going to completely destroy history because I hate Tokugawa and I kind of want to torture him a little....
Anyway, I'm going to write a little more and then go to bed, I think.  I look forward to finally being able to post something that isn't fanfiction~!  Catch you reader-sans later!


- Turtle-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment