Saturday, December 20, 2014

Band Feature: Fit for Rivals

Konichiwa!  I have another band for you today that I've recently discovered!  This one is more under the emo/ post-hardcore category.  Fair warning, I'm just going to call it emo from now on, so if that bothers you, just know that I do know what I'm talking about, but it's easier to just type emo.  Anyway, almost all of the bands I know of that would be called "emo" play what a lot of people call post-hardcore music.  Emo is just a fashion statement, but that's something for another post.  Most of what I listen to is either metal or emo, in case anyone was curious.  I have a soft spot for powerful guitars, deep lyrics, and insane vocal ranges! (^_^)
This band is called Fit for Rivals and they're an emo band from Florida and, yes, the lead singer is a girl.  I've seen that there is a lot of confusion over her gender because her voice is very deep.  A lot of people think that she's transgender, but I've done some research on it and most of what I've seen is that she was born female and she identifies herself as a female, but she is lesbian, for those who like to know those things.  To me, she sort of sounds like a Southern, female version of Andy Biersack from Black Veil Brides.  It's very rare for me to like bands with female singers (actually, this is the only one I can think of) because I find that female voices are usually too whiney and not well-suited for the genres I enjoy, but Fit for Rivals is really quite good for what would probably be considered by most to be a fledgling band.  They definitely have attitude, and I love that!
Some songs I'd recommend are:
- "Damage"   <----  SOOOO good!
- "Crash"
- "Hit Me"
- "Get With Me"
Hope you guys enjoy!  I'll be continuing down my list of bands until I finish, though I may be breaking the streak with another installment of my "Foul is Fair" because it's gone from being a short story to something more like a novella....  I'm kind of getting the feeling it's going to be one of those stories that just goes on and on and on and ends up being like a novel in length without me intending to write a book!  Haha!  Alright, well I'll catch you reader-sans later! 


- Turtle-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment