Friday, December 19, 2014

Band Feature: London After Midnight

Konichiwa!  Turtle-chan has officially survived exam week and I am now back in business!  I have a lot to catch up on from my time not being able to post, so I'm going to try to just work my way through it for the next several days.
So, I'm pretty much a really strange person.  You guys know that, I'm sure.  I can't focus on studying without music playing, so during exam week I usually end up finding new bands so I don't get bored of listening to the same songs over and over again.  This band, London After Midnight (abbreviated LAM), I found a couple of weeks ago.  They're a Traditional Goth (TradGoth) band, meaning it sounds very '80s and it's amazing!  LAM is the first goth band I've ever listened to, interestingly enough, and I really love their sound.  Many of their songs sound like they could be horror movie themes, heavy on the synthesizers and moaning vocals, but the lyrics are actually good too.  LAM is essentially a one-man-band, from my understanding, and he--Sean Brennan-- is very good at what he does.  The music is very much so geared toward the dark side of life and there is a lot of death imagery mixed in with more romantic things (lots of mentions of love and romance).  It's definitely something that's right up my alley.  Just a warning: at first glance you may think that he's a girl.  He's not.  I'm also pretty sure he's straight, just going off of his song lyrics.  He's just a very pretty man, basically. (^_-)
                                                    
Some songs I'd recommend if you're interested are:
- "Sacrifice"
- "Kiss"
- "Your Best Nightmare"
- "The Bondage Song"
- "Where Good Girls Go to Die"
Also, for the Tim Burton fans out there, he did a cover of "Sally's Song" and it was almost better than the original.  It's really beautiful. (^_^)  Well anyway, that's all for now.  I have several more bands to go through, as well as some other stuff.  Just a warning, all but one of the other bands are what I'd call "emo," so if you're into that kind of thing, you should be pleased!  Catch ya later!


- Turtle-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment