Saturday, November 22, 2014

I'm Not a Fangirl, I Just Love Them

Konichiwa!  Turtle-chan here, and I'm completely bored of writing crappy romances right now, so I'm going to talk about something different.  Plus, you guys are probably bored of me just posting my stories!  I'm going to just talk about stuff today and the "stuff" I refer to would be Creepypastas.
So, in case you haven't noticed from my "Foul is Fair" story that I've posted some of, I really love Creepypastas.  Now, before any of you reader-sans freak out and think that I'm one of those people who writes Reader X Pasta fanfics,  I'll tell you that I'm not.  I just really like the stories and the characters and the overall concept.  Actually, as horribly disturbing as this is, I love reading and writing stories about serial killers.  There's something about them that I think a lot of people are simultaneously attracted to and repulsed by.  You wonder what goes on in their minds and yet you're afraid to know.  It's really intriguing.
Anyway, back to the Pastas.  I only recently started reading them because I was scarred a little bit by the first one I read several years ago.  I don't remember exactly which one it was, only that it was a Pokémon one and that everyone was dead.  That really narrows it down, I know. (:P)  Over the summer, one of my YouTube suggestions was a top ten list of the scariest Creepypastas and I clicked on it just out of curiosity.  It covered some of the common ones, like BEN Drowned, and some of the others that aren't mentioned as much, like the Russian Sleep Experiment.  I found it really interesting, so I started reading a few of them, but I scared myself again and stopped.  After that, I kept seeing quizzes about Creepypastas on Quotev (it's actually a pretty entertaining website... Don't judge!) and I finally decided to start reading them again.  I started out with Eyeless Jack because I'd never heard of him before and all the stuff I'd seen about him seemed really interesting.  After that, I was hooked.  I love reading horror stories and the stories on the Creepypasta site are largely very well written and they're the perfect psychological thrillers.  What's so great about them is that they're so fantastical but then there are elements which could very easily happen in real life and they just get into your head and make you think.  That's why they're so scary.  They worm their way into your mind.
I think my favorite is Jane the Killer, which I catch a lot of flack for because she's not a "real" Creepypasta according to some of the die-hard fans.  I love the concept of her, though.  She's this beautiful young lady whose life is completely ruined by Jeff and her whole family murdered.  She has nothing to return to, nothing to care about.  Even her body is destroyed.  She can't go out in public unless she were to cover every last inch of skin on her body.  So, of course, she decides to make Jeff pay for what he's done.  What does she have to lose?  Nothing, because she's already lost it all.
Now, if any Jeff the Killer fans are reading this, don't freak out on me.  Jeff is another of my favorites.  He's in my top four, actually.  I'll give that list a little later, though.  Something else I might catch some flack for is the fact that I ship Jeff and Jane together.  I've been informed that this goes completely against canon, but I have to disagree.  Think about it, what are two of the strongest emotions humans experience?  Love and hate.  Don't you think the line between the two can get a little blurred sometimes?  I think that Jane does truly hate Jeff for what he did to her and her family, but I also think she admires him.  She takes on his form of killing and she even makes her catchphrase line up with his: "Don't go to sleep.  You won't wake up."  Her entire existence is dedicated to finding him, hunting him down.  She's obsessed with him, or the idea of him.  Don't you think that after a while of doing that, a person might just start to sympathize?
I don't know.  That's just my opinion.  Anyway, on to the list of my top four.  They're probably pretty obvious, and you know three of them already.
1. Jane the Killer
2. Eyeless Jack
3. Jeff the Killer
4. Laughing Jack
Yeah, you're probably not surprised at all.  I love E.J. because his manner of assault is so unique.  He just goes in, steals a kidney, and dashes out.  No muss, no fuss.  Plus, he does all of this without eyes, so you have to assume he can't see what he's doing, not to mention the fact that he's a cannibal.  I think it's pretty interesting.  And then, Jeff is just frightening.  I find madness an intriguing trait in a character, as well.  Sanity is such a fragile thing...  And last but not least, L.J.  Now this guy, this guy is straight up weird.  If you're afraid of clowns, you'll be terrified of him.  I don't know what sick, twisted mind thought him up, but it's brilliant.  You put together five of the most frightening things you can think of--clowns, pedophiles (it comes to mind because of the candy), madmen, deformity, and murderers--and you end up with L.J.  It's just genius!  Something so harmless as candy becoming such an effective weapon is just crazy to think about.  I love it!  And we've already established that I find madmen and serial killers interesting, plus I like how they transcended the usual fear of clowns to create something even more terrifying.  Like I've said, the writers of these things are amazing at what they do.
Now, I will say that these aren't the stories that have scared me the most.  If you're looking for that, the scariest one I've read has to be BEN Drowned or really any of the videogame ones.  I think it's mostly because it's highly likely that someone could create a version of the game like that, and some people have made games based off of the Creepypastas.  That, and it kind of ruins your childhood...
So yeah, that was basically just a rant about my love of Creepypastas which might be really boring, but I hope not. Maybe it'll inspire someone to start reading them.  Who knows!  I'll catch you guys later.  Sayonara!


- Turtle-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment