Saturday, November 29, 2014

My Newest Obsession: Welcome to Night Vale

Konichiwa!  So, my aunt has recently gotten me into this podcast series called Welcome to Night Vale.  You may or may not be familiar with it.  Today I started listening to it and I am already on the thirteenth episode (is that what you'd call it?).  My verdict: THIS IS THE PODCAST OF MY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, it's awesome.  On one hand, it's quirky and funny with a few really deep thoughts and commentaries, which is great.  And on the other hand, there is a ton of really horrifying stuff going on and everyone acts like it's no big which adds to the horror factor.  It's insane!
And of course, there's Cecil who is the radio host.  He's openly gay for the scientist Carlos who apparently has perfect hair.  I'm actually pretty curious about Carlos' perfect hair.  Anyway, Cecil basically has two settings: intrepid reporter or fanboy.  They're both hilarious and it's a trip listening to him talk, not to mention his voice is really deep and soothing.
So, if you've found that you're kind of into the same stuff as me from what I've talked about, I'd definitely look it up.  And if you're dubious about it, I still say look it up because it is awesome!
Oh, and did I mention the fan art is amazing?  The fandom seems to be largely based in Tumblr, so of course the fans are really artistic, but these guys are just out of this world amazing.  A lot of the Cecil fan art use sneaky little gifs as well, which I think is really cool.  This is my current favorite Cecil fan art.  We've established that I love long hair, right?  He usually looks something like that or is a short-haired, kind of nerdy in a very attractive way, albino guy.

So yeah, that's basically all I have to say for now because I don't want to get super fangirly on you reader-sans.  For real, though.  Night Vale is really interesting and this is coming from someone who usually doesn't like podcasts.
Goodnight, reader-sans.  Goodnight.

- Turtle-chan













No comments:

Post a Comment